Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration
Fire damage in your home or business can be difficult to clean up and prompt action can minimize further damage. Even after the fire is put out, smoke, odor and soot can continue to damage the contents and structure of your space. The water used to put out the fire can cause additional damage and mold. Trust the experts at ServiceMaster by Capital Construction to thoroughly assess and safely restore your home or office quickly. Using the latest fire restoration equipment and supplies, we can prevent further damage, refurbish usable items and carefully deodorize your home.
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Do's:
- DO cover carpeted traffic areas with old towels or linens to prevent further soiling
- DO change your air filters
- DO discard open food packages as the food could be contaminated
- DO clean formica and chrome fixtures to prevent permanent tarnishing
- DO wipe the leaves of house plants.
- DO send clothing with heavy smoke damage to a professional dry cleaners
- DO attach a damp cheese cloth over intake and outlet air registers to capture loose soot in the air
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Don'ts:
- Do NOT wait to call a professional for help
- Do NOT attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture
- Do NOT use ceiling fixtures or electrical appliances as a short circuit could result
- Do NOT eat food that has been exposed to fire or smoke
- Do NOT attempt to wash papered or flat painted walls as incorrect cleaning can compound the soot residue